According to one clinic that specializes in treating mold exposure in people, nutritional deficiencies they commonly find in their patients include the B vitamins (especially folic acid, B-6 and B-12), COQ10, magnesium, vitamin D, and zinc.
The bile then can help bind mold toxins, mycotoxins in the intestine and excrete them out. So vitamin C is a necessary component to properly produce bile. That's one of the reasons why it can be such an effective tool because many people don't get enough vitamin C in their diet or they are already vitamin C deficient.
There are a number of foods that act as anti-fungals and naturally help your body combat mold. Garlic is a winner as it contains allicin, considered a natural antibiotic. Other helpful anti-fungals include onions, fish, green vegetables, soy products, shallots and leeks. These can help your body detox.
There's no proof that mold toxins cause diseases in people, so you don't need to detox after mold exposure. The best way to feel better if you have black mold allergy symptoms is to get out of the moldy environment and avoid any continued exposure.
Activated charcoal can be taken as a supplement for mold cleansing. Most people don't think about mold living in their bodies, but it can. Activated charcoal is a potent natural treatment. It traps toxins in the body, allowing them to be flushed out so the body doesn't reabsorb them.
The average person can recover from mold toxins in about a year. For many people recovering from mold, toxins can take a couple of years. It is key to know what to look for and remove yourself from the environment as quickly as possible. The amount of exposure you have can change your recovery time.
Some people are sensitive to molds. For these people, exposure to molds can lead to symptoms such as stuffy nose, wheezing, and red or itchy eyes, or skin. Some people, such as those with allergies to molds or with asthma, may have more intense reactions.
The intense heat of fire can destroy mycotoxins. At 500°F, detoxification takes 30 minutes. Ozone is effective against most mycotoxins, but it requires a level that is unsafe for humans. Mycotoxins will eventually break down on their own, but it can take several years for some varieties.
ACV has a pH level of around 2.4 to 3.5, making it slightly acidic. When applied to a moldy area, it lowers the pH of the environment, making it less hospitable for mold to grow. This change in pH can weaken the cell walls of the mold spores, ultimately killing them.
Summary: Vitamin D may be an effective therapeutic agent to treat or prevent allergy to a common mold that can complicate asthma and frequently affects patients with cystic fibrosis.
Use a bleach solution of no more than 1 cup (8 ounces) household laundry bleach per 1 gallon of water to kill mold on surfaces.
Use dehumidifiers to keep relative humidity indoors between 30-50%. Utilize windows, doors, and exhaust fans to keep bathrooms and kitchens dry. Clean shower curtains and bathroom tiles regularly with mold-killing products. Vent appliances that produce moisture to the outside whenever possible.
In another review, the involvement of the CNS after the exposure to indoor air DM was reported as follows: significant fatigue, weakness (70-100% of cases), neurocognitive dysfunction such as memory loss, irritability, anxiety, and depression in more than 40% of cases .
People who live, work, or go to school in moldy buildings complain of pain, fatigue, increased anxiety, depression, and cognitive defects such as memory loss.
Vinegar is natural and safe mild acid that can kill 82% of mold species. Plus it doesn't give off dangerous fumes like bleach. If you want to use vinegar to prevent mold growth on surfaces, spray vinegar on the surface and leave it. Repeat every few days to keep the surface mold-free.
Taking a Blood Test for Mold Exposure
Your doctor will need to take a sample of your blood and send it to a lab for testing. They will check to see how the antibodies in your system react to various mold species, black mold included.
As for toxicity increases, people exposed to mould for the long term may start to experience symptoms such as persistent headaches and migraines, increased exhaustion and random muscle cramps. The person exposed in more severe cases may also suffer from sensitivity to light, unexplained weight gain and hair loss.
The doctor will take a health assessment and health history, and will order blood testing. Antibodies in the patient's body will be checked for a reaction to mold and to other allergens and poisons. The severity of the reaction will also be determined. A skin test will also be part of the doctor's examination.
Mold exposure can cause issues with concentration, judgment, and overall brain function. Luckily, memory loss caused by mold is often reversible once the mold is eliminated from a home.
You will have predominantly flu-like symptoms. Each person will react differently. My husband didn't have many symptoms, while I was so sick I missed three days of work in the first week I was on detox. I had a 104 fever, upset stomach, stuffy nose and my body hurt all over.